TIPS FOR MACHINE WASHING YOUR CROCHET ITEM:
- Fill the washing machine with laundry items of similar color but do not overload.
- Insert your crochet item inside your TJC mesh laundry, zip and secure the zip. (Note that acrylic yarn does not bleed color, but you should still be mindful of the colors you mix in the laundry)
- Use a mild detergent to wash your crochet items. It is recommended to wash on a delicate cycle (cold water).
TIPS FOR MACHINE DRYING YOUR CROCHET ITEM:
- Still in your TJC mesh laundry bag, set your dryer on low heat and remove once the cycle is done. (Acrylic and other synthetic yarns can be washed and dried with your regular laundry because they don't shrink. They may, however, stretch with heat, so always choose cold water and low dryer settings)
** If you machine dry on high heat and "fuzzies" appear on your item. This is a natural process and happens due to friction, Do NOT panic, they removable. You can use a a pair of scissors to carefully trim the areas needed, an electric lint shaver can also get the job done if accessible. **
TIPS FOR HAND WASHING YOUR CROCHET ITEM:Hand-washing may seem tedious, but if you you'd like to enjoy your items for years to come, caring for them properly helps the process)
- Fill a bucket/sink/tub/basin with cool water (tap is acceptable). Avoid using hot water as it can damage the fibers of your crochet items.
- Add a mild detergent or baby shampoo and stir for five minutes.
- Soak your crochet item in the detergent for 15–30 minutes. Don’t add fabric softener, bleach, or other harsh chemicals.
- Gently rub the soap into the fabric with circular motions.
- Begin to scrub the item lightly by grabbing two portions of it and rubbing them together. This helps loosen dirt and wash out any spots it may have.
- Rinse your crochet item thoroughly under cool water until all of the suds have been removed and the water runs clear.
- Squeeze out as much excess water as possible. To do this, you can lay your crochet item flat on dry towels. Then, roll up the towels and press down on them to absorb as much moisture as possible.
- Unroll the towels and place the blanket somewhere where it can air dry well.
TIPS FOR STORING YOUR CROCHET ITEM:
- For safe storage please use your TJC FROSTED ZIPPER BAG ( included in your order), as your go to storage aid.
- Insert your items inside your bag and make sure the zipper is fully locked.
- Store your bag in the location of your choice until your next use.